Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing New Oak Doors, please read our terms and conditions of sale set out below. Please email or call us if you have any questions.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
All products must be paid for at the time of ordering in full before dispatching.
We accept payment by PayPal either via our website or direct link that can be emailed to you.
When you checkout on our website you will be then taken to PayPal’s secure site to complete the transaction. We do not store any of your card details on our site.
Cheque payments are subject to the usual clearing period. All goods remain the property of New Oak Doors until payment is made in full and cleared.
Delivery Of your Order
- Delivery is only within our service are of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Burton on Trent, Chesterfield, and surrounding areas. Please check with us before ordering that we cover your area.
- Delivery of our doors are free of charge to these areas.
- Most orders are delivered within 3 – 7 working days.
- Once your order has been placed you will receive an order confirmation to the email address you supplied. One or two days before the delivery you will then receive a call or email to confirm the day and time for delivery.
- On receipt of an order and before signing any delivery document ensure that you check the quantity, sizes and type of door is the same as your order. Please also ensure that all packaging for your order is intact and not damaged. Shortages and damages must be reported to us immediately and noted on the delivery note.
- Please retain a copy or take a photo of the signed delivery note for your records.
- Signing the delivery note as ‘unexamined’ will not be acceptable if damage is found subsequently.
- Please carefully remove the packaging as you will need to re-wrap the product should you need to return any part of your order. You must advise us within 24 hours of delivery of any defects on your doors. We are unable to accept claims for damages or defects after this time.
- While we will make every effort to get your doors delivered in a timely manner, we reserve the right to cancel deliveries without notice, for example but not limited to reasons such as, adverse weather conditions (floods, ice, snow). Traffic conditions/delays.
- We recommend that you do not book your installer until all goods have been received in good condition. We will not be held responsible for wasted joiners time, or similar, if you have booked your trades person before receiving all items.
- If You have ordered a fitted package, then the fitters will bring your order with them.
- Our liability in respect of any shortage, loss or damage to the goods shall be limited to the proportion of the price attributable to those which have been undelivered, lost or damaged.
- If supply of products is delayed by our suppliers, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
- On receipt of your order, doors must be stored flat in a dry area and away from areas of wet plaster or in areas yet to be plastered and at normal room temperature away from extreme heat or cold.
- If your order includes free delivery, this only applies to the first attempt to deliver. Subsequent delivery attempts will be charge for.
- When storing a door prior to installation, do not lean or stand the door as it will encourage the door to twist or bow. Always store the door laying level and flat resting on support timbers.
It is important that our Installation and Finishing Guidelines are followed to keep within the warranty.
Doors must be finished before fitting.
Internal doors should be finished using an oil-based paint or varnish.
Cancellation Period, Costs & Returns
- Distance selling regulations allow consumers (not business’s) 14 days from receipt of all goods to cancel your order.
- We cannot accept returns of bespoke doors.
- We cannot accept returns of doors that have been adjusted or decorated by us on your behalf.
- Please email us your request to return any part of your order to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check all goods thoroughly before altering, decorating, or installing.
- We cannot accept returns of items which have been fitted by you or your contractor and are then found to be damaged.
- You must advise us in writing (email: email@example.com) of your decision to cancel within 14 days of receipt of goods provided that the doors are in the same condition and in the unopened wrapping they were received in. You can call us first on 01773821531 to discuss any issues but we must still receive cancellation notification in writing within 14 days of delivery. We cannot accept returns if the14 day period from delivery has expired. We reserve the right to refuse returns or refunds if the goods are not returned to us in a saleable condition and in the original packaging.
- We will not refund the delivery charge element of the invoice for goods which are delivered and subsequently returned.
- Timber is a natural product which can vary in both colour and grain appearance, it may also contain knots. Some levels of movements and face shakes can also be experienced after manufacture and fitting – these items con not be controlled and are not considered to be defects – while every attempt is made to eliminate the expansion and contraction of joinery items such as Doors, windows and Gates, New Oak Doors is not liable for Expansion, Swelling or Contraction of said items. The images on our website are for guidance only.
- Force majeure – New Oak Doors shall not be liable
for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or
failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control,
including but not limited to acts of god, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war,
fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or short of raw materials from a natural
source of supply, and we shall entitled to a reasonable extension of our
While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
Your Statutory Rights remain unaffected by our terms and Conditions. Products will be your responsibility from the completion of the delivery.
New Oak Developments is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. New oak Developments may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/05/2020
What we collect
We may collect the following information: name and job title contact information including email address demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interest’s other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. We outsource all financial transactions to our merchant payment providers and New Oak Developments hold no financial details on any of our customers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons: Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this site, you should note that New oak Developments maintain the same level of Privacy control across all our other websites. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.